|Gromud||Half Orc Barbarian||10|
|Vladimir||Half Elf Warlock||12|
|Abarat||Half Elf Bard||??|
The Story So Far
You’ve successfully escorted supplies from Neverwinter to Phandalin for Gundren Rockseeker (one of a trio of dwarf brothers). Various members of your party have left to pursue their own affairs. On the way you’ve survived a goblin ambush, cleared out their hideout and rescued Gundren’s companion Sildar Hallwinter a human agent of the Lords’ Alliance.
You’ve learnt from him;
- He’s investigating the fate of Iarno Albrek,.
- Three Dwarven Rockseeker brothers (Gundren, Tharden, and Nundro) recently located an entrance to the long-lost Wave Echo Cave, site of the mines of the Phandelver’s Pact.
- That the leader of the goblin hideout had orders capture and deliver Gundren to the Black Spider.
- Gundren had a map of the location of the Wave Echo Cave which is now probably in the hands of the leader of the Cragmaw Castle.
On arrival in Phandalin you witnessed a group called the Redbrands bullying the locals and in the process met with the half elf bard “Babadoosh” who has joined your group. In town you followed up on a number of leads and have discovered:
- Daran Edermath (Edermath Farm), something untoward is happening at Old Owl Well, prospectors have been chased by undead and the site may hold dormant, but dangerous, magic. He’d like you to investigate.
- Halia Thornton (100gp Miner’s Exchange), would like you to eliminate the Redbrand leader, Glistav, she’s willing to pay 100 gp.
- Sister Garaele (3 x potions of healing Shrine to Tymora), would like you to ask Agatha the Banshee (Conyberry) the location of a lost spellbook, once belonging to the legendary mage Bowgentle. She’s offered 3 x potions of healing for the information.
- Harbin Wester (100gp Townmaster), wants the problem band of Orcs at Wyvern Tor The fee would be 100gp.
- Sildar Hallwinter (200gp & 500gpTownmaster’s Hall or Stonehill Inn) would like the Redbrand threat dealt with. 200gp on successful completion.
He also wants the pressure increased on the Cragmaw Goblins and he’s willing to pay 500gp to have the tribe’s chief defeated or driven off from Cragmaw Castle.
- Reidoth the Druid may know the locations of Cragmaw Castle and Wave Echo Cave. He is in the ruined town of Thundertree. You have a map with directions to thundertree.
- The Redbrands killed the local woodcarver and took his body. His wife, son and daughter have gone missing too.
Back on the streets you were assailed by a group of foul mouthed (well at least one of them was) Redbrands whom you despatched, prompting you to enter the Redbrand’s hideout, by a secret entrance. In the stone chambers under the old Tresendar Manor you’ve had encounters with variously;
- A very rickety bridge, that took an instant disliked to Gromud!
- A one eyed creature, that emanated magic
- A room full of Bugbears, whom you fooled with your red cloak disguises, were sent, you hope, in search of death at the hands of the one eyed thing.
- A group of pretty inebriated, knucklebone playing Redbrands that Baba’s quick thinking fooled.
- A scared little goblin, Droop, is helping you navigate the dungeon and has lead you through a wizard’s workshop, where Jarpetto found a journal with details of a lost magic mace, Lightbringer, and you spotted a strange rat which the party trapped in a cell made from books.
You’re in what looks like a wizard’s private living area. Various papers and notes are stacked neatly on the desk, mostly written orders to apothecaries and alchemists in nearby settlements for more materials for the wizard’s workshop. Amongst the papers is a wizard’s spell book, the glyph on the front suggests the work of the monks of Candlekeep . There is also a letter to Lord Albrek from someone called the Black Spider.
You’re in the middle of a treacherous dungeon with who knows what behind every door. Droop the goblin looks at you expectantly….