|Gromud||Half Orc Barbarian||10|
|Vladimir||Half Elf Warlock||12|
The story So Far
You’ve found and rescued Gundren Rockseeker from Cragmaw Castle. The party entered the castle by a hidden back entrance and stealthily dispatched 2 Hobgoblins with well oiled efficiency. Gromud splatted one who was lying on his cot, using the side of his axe blade. Jarpetto splashed acid over the unsquished bits to finish him off. The second was killed before he could get an attack off. (No, Harry you can’t borrow my dice this week!). Vladimir opened a door very carefully and received a wolf to the face, fortunately the wolf was rubbish. More death, wolf this time. The party were told to back off by a Bugbear “Grol” with delusions of grandeur, whilst he held a knife to the ear of Gundren. Grom scared the living s**t out of him, I mean a magically enlarged, mostly naked, barbarian with a huge axe dripping with hobgoblin does that to a bear, bug or otherwise. Bugbear drops his dagger, and yells for his mummy. The pungent smell of bugbear s**t permeates the air. Grol finds it very difficult to keep his insides, inside. Death. Vlad discovers a Drow in a cupboard, dead drow. No, wait, it was a Doppelganger, more mystery. How many goblins is too many goblins? Not 11, not nearly. Vlad, creates a killing zone and in one moment wipes out 8 goblins. The rest are mopped up swiftly, more about the mop later. 7 more goblins and 4 of the hob variety, but we know where this is going. Gromud is almost overwhelmed but teamwork wins out, magic missiles, acid splash, chromatic orbs and good old goblin mashing tastefully redecorates the floor a vibrant shade of goblin. Jarpetto wishes he was taller, there really is no escaping the squelch of each step. Where’s a mop when you need one.
All is quiet for now….
Checking for magic Cole identifies 2 locations that might prove fruitful. Unfortunately in the quest for loot Gromud gets attacked by a tentacled nasty. It’s nasty but not for long. Sliced octopus anyone.
There can’t be anything left alive, oh but wait what’s behind the barred door asks Vlad. Owlbear surprise! The poor innocent wild animal doesn’t stand a chance.
It’s very quiet when the killing stops.
The party has a live Dwarf, a map to Wave Echo Cave a few useful magical items and some cash. And no one in the party died.
- Daran Edermath (Edermath Farm), something untoward is happening at Old Owl Well, prospectors have been chased by undead and the site may hold dormant, but dangerous, magic. He’d like you to investigate.
- Sister Garaele (Shrine to Tymora), would like you to ask Agatha the Banshee (Conyberry) the location of a lost spellbook, once belonging to the legendary mage Bowgentle. She’s offered 3 x potions of healing for the information. 3 x potions of healing
- Harbin Wester (Townmaster), wants the problem band of Orcs at Wyvern Tor The fee would be 100gp. 100gp
- Sildar Hallwinter (Townmaster’s Hall or Stonehill Inn) wants the pressure increased on the Cragmaw Goblins and he’s willing to pay 500gp to have the tribe’s chief defeated or driven off from Cragmaw Castle. 500gp
- Reidoth the Druid will accompany you to the Wave Echo Cave.
- Deliver the emerald necklace, a family heirloom to Mirna Dendrar at the Woodworkers workshop in Phandalin.
You’ve managed to get back to Phandalin, to the Stonehill Inn for a bit of RnR. You’re sat in the common room, the rest of the inhabitants are staring and giving you a wide birth. What and where is that smell? Oh, it’s you, you smell of dead goblin. Might need to burn those clothes. Gromud’s wardrobe choice is looking pretty sweet just now.
The last thing you want to see is another goblin, so thank goodness then that Droop is miles away picking daisies in a meadow, whilst chewing on a long dead rat…..